Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:help: I am new to the forum and after looking at several I figured this was the best place to get advice. I have an STX 900 that has been sitting up for 2 seasons. Had surgery and was unable to ride. It ran great prior to this. Ski was covered, battery disconected, fuel tank drained, etc. I am at a point to wanting to get out on it but am concerned about starting it after sitting for so long. Any suggestions on things to do before hittin the switch? Or would I be better off taking to a dealer to run through it? Fairly mechanically inclined but would hate to screw it up. Thanks in advance for help.:dunno:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Fill it with fresh gas, be sure the batt is fully charged and remove the plugs and spray a little upper cyl lubricant in the holes, which you should have done anyway when you drained the tank and removed the battery. Dont forget about oil. Run for a min like you were flushing it before you put it in the water.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks very much for the reply. That's what I was guessing but just wanted to be sure. Never had a ski sit up for that long and was worried.

·
Registered
48 Posts
No problem, we all help each other. Ride safe and have fun. let us know how it went.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts