Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last weekend we took our 2004 or 2005 Sea-Doo supercharged RXT out on the lake and ran into some issues...

Basically we were pulling a tube behind when the person on the tube fell into the water. I turned the jetski around and cut the engine waiting for the person to get back on. When they were ready we started the engine back up, not noticing the rope was under the jetski, and the rope was sucked into the bottom of the ski and the rope became wrapped around what I would believe to be the drive shaft. Anyway, we flipped the jetski over and tried to get the rope out. We had it flipped over probably about 10-20 minutes until we realized we would need something to cut the rope. We then flipped it upright and towed it back to the shore where we flipped it back over and cut the rope off (taking approx. another 20 minutes).

That night we pulled it back up shore, drained the water out and let it sit for the night. The next morning we tried starting it up and couldn't get it to start. I realize now how incredibly stupid it was to have it flipped over for so long but at the time I knew very little about the watercraft and wasn't expecting such a complication. Yet, I was wondering if anyone could give me any suggestions to try or things that I could check to see if I can get it running again. All the electronics work but I cannot get the engine to crank and start up. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for looking

·
Registered
227 Posts
So, you turned the machine over in the water? WHAT? There is now water in the engine and you need to take the spark plugs out and turn it over while holding the throttle wide open. Or, take it to someone to fix it before it's too late.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts