Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just hoping someone can help- I have a 1994 701 SuperJet. It runs really good most of the time, but intermitently begins to lose power while riding. It seems like this typically happens when it gets warm, but not all the time. When this happens, it still runs smooth, it just feels like it is only getting 1/2 throttle. Thinking it was temperature related, I disconnected the temp sensor from the cyl head, took it for a quick test run, and the same thing happened. It ran great for a few minutes, then started to lose power. While riding, water exits the side of the hull through the water bypass, and when hooked up to garden hose, water exits side discharge as well as out the exhaust. The cooling system doesn't seem to be plugged, but I can't tell for sure if it is restricted or not. Seems to me with the temp sensor disconnected from the head, it shouldn't have reduced the rpm if it was overheating. Spark plugs look fine, gas is a fresh mix, and the ski generally sounds like it runs just fine. This has been happening for several rides, but seems to be getting worse each time. Hope someone can shed some light on this. Thanks!:confused:

·
Registered
323 Posts
This will be the charge coil or lighting coil. Best to replace both because when one goes the other one isnt long to follow. They are located on the stator in the front cover. Flywheel will have to come off. Theyre not cheap to replace and you will need to solder them on.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts