Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This motor was rebuilt in april 2009 and I use a mixed fuel around 42:1. I used the ski twice for several hours each time and it ran great. 3rd time out it stalled and would not start, engine sounded like it was flooded. When checking engine compartment noticed that the fuel exchange/pump, (black box on right side of engine compartment with lots of lines coming in and out) had come loose and was hanging but not leaking any fuel. Tightened it down and motor started fine, but once out on the lake ran for 5 min. and then stalled. when I turned over the engine again it sounded different and would not start. I let it sit for 20 min. and it will start again but once under load in the water, it repeated above. Any suggestons would be of great help and this site has been very informative. keep up the great work.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It had been doing this threw the remainder of summer 09 as a tried different things to fix it. I stored this winter and have been messing with it again this spring, changed fuel, checked lines and cooling system, checked fuel filter? I can hook the hose to it and it runs and revs great. But once in the water only runs 5 mins. I will check the compression but the motor was professionally done.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts