Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just replaced two pistons in my Waverunner 800 XLT. It ran for about 10 minutes at idle speed then I let it sit for awhile. It would not start back up. I took cylinder head off and there appears to be water in there. I am thinking that I did not get the exhaust manifold gasket bolts in tight enough. Would this cause water to get in there? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
285 Posts
First why did you replace the pistons? Then one has to wonder if it was winterized correctly? If not, ouch that will cost ya, even if you got the exhaust gasket on poorly it shouldn't fill with water, maybe the head gasket would but don't think the exhaust gasket would cause this, compression test each cyclinder fist and see what you come up with. That is where i would start.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the oil line blew off the carb and I blew a piston. I decided to replace both of them along with a new cylinder while I had it apart. While putting it back together I had a problem with a few of the bolts going into the exhaust gasket and did not seal completely. I was hoping this was what caused the problem. I will check head gasket good this time as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts