Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fueled up about 15 minutes before Waverunner died cruising about 30 MPH. Restarted and ran about 10 sec. later, restarted and ran about 5 sec. and so on for about 10 times. Towed in , and same thing the next day. No water in oil, Engine sounds great and revs up normally for the 4 sec. and then dies. Checked fuel pressure and is at 54 psi. and stable even after engine dies. Pumped out about 2 gallons in case there was water in fuel but not appear to be. Acts like running out of fuel, but have proven that's not the case. WHAT IS GOING ON WITH THIS????????? PLEASE HELP Phil

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Certainly sounds like you got a tank of water. Try adding 2 or 3 bottles of fuel line anti freeze/fuel dryer. Or methynal alcohol.

Or syphon the tank dry and get good fuel from another location.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Found the problem. Started checking the exhaust hose's and seemed OK, but decided to take them all off and soon found one off. All the way in the back and down low where I could hardly see it. I struggled with it for over an hour trying to get it back together and clamped. I should have put a 2nd clamp on it but was mad and did not think of it till later. Please pass this on so if it happens to somebody else they will know what is wrong. Time to have a drink!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts