Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A so-called friend of mine dumped his broken down 700 on me to attempt to fix. I put a new battery in it, fresh fuel and oil. It will start in the driveway and sounds OK. I put it in the water and it didn't want to start. After pulling it back out, it eventually would start and seems to run fine out of the water. So, I left it idling and backed it back into the lake. Off the trailer, it would run but had little or no power and would not even plain out. I turned it back to shore and killed it. It would not restart in the water. Once it was out of the lake and on the trailer it would run seemingly fine. The hot light also came on really quick. Does this ski have some kind of limp mode like a car if it thinks it is hot? Maybe it is hot, how would I check for an overheat condition? Why would the engine performance change once its in the water? Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
15 Posts
i have a 97 sl700 dont know if this will help but you can give it a try. i had something like that what i did is i took the main black box apart (that has the coil in it) and it had water in it so i cleand it out and i went out and it ran great so check that dont know if it will help but it only take 10 min. now i do have a batt. problem thats not letting it get spark tell i put 14 volts on it so see if that helps

1 - 2 of 2 Posts