Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Kawasaki ultra 150. How many ounces of oil should I mix with each gallon of gas. It has an oil pump but I just don't trust them its easier for me just to premix. It is 1176cc with 145hp. Thanks for the help!

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
I would advise staying with injection there are many advantages in doing so. And 9 out of 10 oil related engine failures are from oil line breakage or leaks not from the actual oil pump going bad. Just check your lines.

If you still insist on premix you have to block off the oil pump, you know that right? You can't just run the oil tank dry and start premixing.

As far as the ratio goes get one of these. It makes it a lot easier. The most common ration is 40:1 but research if that is best for your Ultra 150.

·
Registered
811 Posts
I have a Kawasaki ultra 150. How many ounces of oil should I mix with each gallon of gas. It has an oil pump but I just don't trust them its easier for me just to premix. It is 1176cc with 145hp. Thanks for the help!
If you convert your ski to premix, in addition to using more oil and spark plugs you are putting oil through the carb(s). Creating more nasty blue smoke and going back to the seventies technology :confused:. Your ratio will be more than double what you need at idle or slow speeds. Might kill some mosquitos though. Ratio with injection at idle is about 100:1, pre-mix 40:1 sheesh. When I ran two strokes I owned a total of about 24 snowmobiles and outboard motors with oil injection none failed ,but none were Kawasakis either....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts