Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Does anyone know if there is a carburetor mixture adjustment on a 2000 XL1200 ltd? The machine runs but idles a bit rough and smokes badly. If it were a chainsaw or weedeater I would lean the mixture out a bit to smooth the idle and cut back on the smoke.

Thanks,
jw

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know there is a screw for adjusting the idle speed, but I can't remember exactly where it is located. You can download the manual here that should show it: My Yamaha Prompt - Owners Manual
Yeah, I found what's called the throttle stop adjustment but I'm getting this sinking feeling that there is no mixture adjustment. If there is one it's probably on the carb's themselves and totally inaccessible. Since it's 2-cycle I was hoping for a Hi and Lo speed adjustment.

Thanks,
jw

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
I know on other 2 stroke skis there are high and low adjustment screws, but they have tamper resistant caps put over them at the factory. If you can find the caps, I think they are pretty simple to pop off.

·
Registered
17 Posts
fuel adj screws

there are #2 hi and lo,they are marked on the carb base,plugged with brass plugs just drill them out and adj,oh buy the way its no picnic !!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts