Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what type of paint do you guys recommend for painting the top and bottom halves of a jet ski? Will automotive paint and clear coat work fine for both the top and bottom half or what should i use? also i live in tennessee and the registration numbers can be stickers or painted on but with block lettering not measuring less than 3 inches high, is there only one kind of letter i can use or can i use any block lettering as long as its 3 inchers tall or bigger? any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
auto paint = base coat clear will work fine on your ski..
First off sand your entire ski with 200-300 grit sand paper.Then
You will need to prime with a high build primer and sand.
lay your base coat and then your clear...

I use ppg and house of kolor.
The key to painting your ski and getting a good outcome is prep work...
If ya need some more info you can reach me at 865-257-5998
Jake

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks jake, i have actually started sanding the stickers off yesterday and got the sandpaper to start sanding with then iam goin to a local paint store and buying house of kolors flat black for a base and blue with mettalic flakes for flame graphics. i will let ya know how it turns out when during the process.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what grit should i sand the primer with to get the best results out of it? and if iam doing a design with black base and blue flames i need to lay the black down then do the flames on top, or do i need to do the flames then back mask them and then lay the black down?

·
Registered
1 Posts
thanks jake, i have actually started sanding the stickers off yesterday and got the sandpaper to start sanding with then iam goin to a local paint store and buying house of kolors flat black for a base and blue with mettalic flakes for flame graphics. i will let ya know how it turns out when during the process.
So, How did it turn out???

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its in primer right now and just got all black bow eyes handlebars and steering shaft powder coated black. waiting on carbon fiber vinyl so i can get started on covering the seat and next week or so my uncle who works at basf should have me my paint. so hope for the best

1 - 6 of 6 Posts