Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Starts up good,idles perfect,soon as its throttled it sounds like its hitting the limiter bombombombom,what could be the problem?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
so i guess the ski is in limp home mode,is there a way to reset whatever is wrong without taking it to the shop?

·
Registered
6 Posts
check to see if the computer might be stuck in reverse. to do this look for your reverse box on the left side of the engine compartment ( as if sitting on it) look for the wires coming out of the box follow to the connector disconnect it and see what happens. this diables the reverse completely. if this is the problem you have to get the parts form a dealer or locale repair shop. let me know how it goes

·
Registered
10 Posts
Polaris 1200 bogging problem solution

Polaris genesis engine bogging solution

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally I figured it out !!!! I purchased a 15.00 fuel pressure tester kit and realized I had no pressure from the fuel pump. Apparently the was just enough fuel to idle but not to operate the injectors at any speed above that. So you might thing the electric fuel pump was bad..... Huh ? Well after removing pump/fuel sending unit from the gas tank, I realised the fuel pressure regulator fell of the pump and was laying inside of pump housing. This is a 5" hose with a machined nipple on one end and a spring loaded regulator on the other. I just pressed the nipple end back into the plastic fitting it fell out of at the top of the pump. Then reassembled the pump in the tank. Now ,I attatched a fuel pressure gauge attached to the fuel test port and started the engine. Guess what..... Now I have 22 psi fuel pressure, and engine revs well.
I took this watercraft out today and what power and speed !!!!!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts