Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a new PWC - "starter" models in my price range are either the SeaDoo GTI SE or the Yamaha VX 1100. Does anyone have any words of wisdom? Don't care about top speed - it's more important to be able to pull water skiers, tubers (2 at a time, ideally) and wakeboarders, so enough power is important. I took a SeaDoo (130 HP) model out recently and was amazed at the power - but it was just me on it. The Yamaha has some nice features - particularly an easier to use throttle, but has 20 less HP, so my biggest concern is if it would still have enough power to do as described above.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Tommy this forum is loosing ground fast!To answer your question, it takes the same amount of HorsePower or CCs to pull a skier as it does for top speed! I am a 15 year YAMAHA-SEA-DOO-KAWASAKI-,factory technician and service manager and Im here to tell ya they all have their downfalls!You need to figure out what brand tickles your fancy and go with it! YAMAHA has a really good selection of skis to choose from! As for getting questions answered on this site it aint gonna happen! You have 2 or 3 "MODERATORS" trying to answer questions and they are always short and confusing for the general public! Nothing personal guys! PWC TODAY has great info try it out!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts