Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i just picked up a non running 440 standup. i was told it had a bad starter so i fixed that and i am getting it to roll over. so i put new plugs and new gas in it and she didnt fire. i checked the spark and has spark. i put some fuel in the carb and it will fire up and run until it burns all the fuel out of the carb. all the gas lines are connected correctly.. for some reason it is not getting fuel to the carb.. is there any common problems these have?? any help would be great.

·
Registered
36 Posts
If it has a fuel filter still on it,check for blockage or replace.Also try removing each fuel line one a time and check or clean them.Not sure if yours has a fuel selector knob(res or run) if so make sure that it is turned all the way to one direction.Check your relief vavle on the tank. It helps keep pressure in the tank to send fuel to the carb.What I usually do at the begining of summer to get the lines full of fuel on one of my ski's is to blow thru the valve into the tank to pressurize the tank a bit. The other ski,I choke the carb with the palm of my hand while cranking to make the carb suck the fuel thru the lines faster

1 - 2 of 2 Posts