Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a honda f-12 and seems like it is running not normally. its running at 5500 rpms and only hits a top speed of 58. any ideas?

thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
Honda f-12

Is it a turbo? If so, I've been told by the dealer that there is a small valve that regulates the turbo pressure. If it gets clogged, it won't open and the turbo won't kick in. They say it's a fairly simple fix. Hope this helps.

PS--I have an '07 Honda F12x turbo

·
Registered
285 Posts
Make sure to check the Air Cleaner. Its usually not dust or dirt that clogs them but mold from moisture and can cause this same problem. I have changed alot of them on other ski's like the yamaha's where this for some reason is a huge problem. Good luck and enjoy the ride.
Also run some sea foam in your gas this will help to keep carbon deposits down in the exhaust so if it is turbo charged this will help with the regulator from sticking on you not allowing for boost.

·
Registered
8 Posts
ay, i have a honda aquatrax f-12x turbo 2006 and i took it out couple days ago, and top speed is 50-55 that i reached.. what could be the problem everything else runs fine. thanks

·
Registered
285 Posts
Look into changing the plugs, how many hours does it have on it? What type of fuel did you put in it? You will find it will run much better on 91 octane fuel, and even better if you blend in some AV Gas 100 or 110 LL .
Best way to change oil, have to buy a vacuum bleeder and suck the oil out of the engine. Only way to do it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
my honda f-12x

Is it a turbo? If so, I've been told by the dealer that there is a small valve that regulates the turbo pressure. If it gets clogged, it won't open and the turbo won't kick in. They say it's a fairly simple fix. Hope this helps.

PS--I have an '07 Honda F12x turbo
i have a question i have also a o7 honda f12x turbo and the top speed i went was 50-55.. is their a problem with my ski if i cant go any faster then that?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts