Personal Water Craft Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a newbie and have an opportunity to buy a 2004 Honda F12x turbo and a 2005 Honda R12x turbo. I have never owned a ski and am primarily looking for something to cruise around a lake with. Not looking for a speed demon or something for tricks, etc. Yet, we do want a fun machine and something that is reliable. Are these skis a good fit, or should I look elsewhere?

Thanks, Dave

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Allen,

Thanks for the great overview of the two Honda skis. The guy wants $12,500 for both skis and a tandem trailer. I was going to maybe offer $10K for them. I am glad you brought up the rear-boarding ladder, because I was wondering how you would get back on one of the skis if you fell off. Again, I have never ridden one of these before. I would probably buy the step ladders and install. I have read a lot of good things about the Yamaha skis. You mention the FX model, is that a better cruiser than the Honda? Also is it a 4 stroke engine, which I understand are more reliable and save gas?

Thanks again, Dave

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks again for all the great information. I feel much more informed. I did a KBB search on the two skis and they came up at $7,500 for trade-in value and $10,250 for "dealer price". So I can now see that the $12K price is a screw job. I think I will look around for a while and maybe focus on Yamahas.

I appreciate your help very much.

Dave
Raleigh, NC

1 - 3 of 3 Posts