Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:thumbsup:Well after a lot of searching and $15k spent at my local PWC dealer last year for new turbo's for my fleet of PWC rentals. I was in contact with a guy in Conneticut. I was refered to Extreme Turbo Shop Inc. Waaaay down in Florida. I spoke with them on the phone and they buy old cores and do complete repair on the Turbo's that are used on Honda PWC's.
Compared to $2800 for a new turbo. Plus labor uhhhggg!
I sold them some cores I had to vitrually fight to get back from my pwc dealer and found out that most issues are fixed for $200.00-$400.00 .. I was in shock at the money I just saved on this last repair. I just had to spread the news.to my Honda family. I found that they are working with Extreme Powersports in FL. and also New England Cyle Works in CT.
This is great relief for the non-warrantable issue with Honda. I will alway buy Honda as it has served me the best in the rental business. :appl:

·
Registered
285 Posts
Thanks for the Info so the rest of us can save some money. I'm sure sooner or later we will be in the boat. How many hours do you have on your honda's by the way before you had turbo failure?

·
Registered
236 Posts
:thumbsup:Well after a lot of searching and $15k spent at my local PWC dealer last year for new turbo's for my fleet of PWC rentals. I was in contact with a guy in Conneticut. I was refered to Extreme Turbo Shop Inc. Waaaay down in Florida. I spoke with them on the phone and they buy old cores and do complete repair on the Turbo's that are used on Honda PWC's.
Compared to $2800 for a new turbo. Plus labor uhhhggg!
I sold them some cores I had to vitrually fight to get back from my pwc dealer and found out that most issues are fixed for $200.00-$400.00 .. I was in shock at the money I just saved on this last repair. I just had to spread the news.to my Honda family. I found that they are working with Extreme Powersports in FL. and also New England Cyle Works in CT.
This is great relief for the non-warrantable issue with Honda. I will alway buy Honda as it has served me the best in the rental business. :appl:
I sent them a inquiry, but I have not found anyone who can rebuild the IHI ceramic ball bearing turbos in the Hondas, or even balance one of them.
If they have already done some sucessfully I'll send them a couple of my cores.
Everyone one else has said they could do it and then found out they couldn't, especially since IHI won't sell any parts for them.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Anyone else sent to Extreme Turbo?

Has anyone else sent their turbo to Extreme? How about the waste gate, do they repair them too????
thanks,

·
Registered
236 Posts
I talked to them and they did not seem to be very familliar with Honda/IHI/Garret turbos at all. They wanted me to send them one and they would look at it. H20XTREME.NET [Ramon and Aurice] seems to be the only solution with their refit kits.

·
Registered
285 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts