Personal Water Craft Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 95 tigershark Monte Carlo 640 that was given to me as it did not run. I now have it running but there is a hose fitting on top of the impeller housing and I am trying to figure out where it should go.

·
Registered
15 Posts
1995 tiger shark montego DLX

Thanks to Greasemonkey

"That is where the bellows attaches to, also where the oil is added to lube jetdrive bearings. The bellows displaces the “so-called” air pressure produced when your machine starts hitting the 3500-7200 rpm. range to prevent air pressure on seals possibly failing those seals. Arctic cat also puts those bellows on underside of magneto housing for same reason( air displacement). If your unsure where to find a bellows or oil adding /draining just let us jetheads know"

·
Registered
15 Posts
Good luck finding the replacement parts... anyone with a link - I would need 4 of them...
Found this on another site while looking for them...

'Yes they are a pain to get to. It is easier to remove the starter first. Suzuki had the strange idea that they had to have a way releive pressure from the magneto area. Funny how none of the other manufactuors thought that way. Anyway... most of the rebuilders I know either plug it to keep water away from the starter pinion and stator or buy a piece of surgical hose and plug the end of it. The part is only about $8.00 to replace and is a pain, but the pinion gear is reallll expensive and will rust up quick. Some suggest you should spray some WD-40 down the timing sight hole to help displace water and maybe help lube the pinion

·
Registered
103 Posts
In case your interested in purchasing one. Always found mine on ebay so don’t know if this is exact same size since differentials use them also. The arctic cat part# is 3008-100.
Automotive tire Font Tool Audio equipment Auto part

1 - 9 of 9 Posts