Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I need some advice on purchasing my first Jetski. I have come across a 1999 Kawasaki 1100STX that is in very nice condition. With a Karavan trailer, the asking price is $2900.00. I called a few local mechanics in my area and when I told them that the ad stated "Only 225 orginal hours" they told me that that seemed like a lot :( Is this true for a 1999 jetski? Could you please tell me if that is true? And your thoughts on the matter. Is this a nice reliable ski in general? How many hours can this particular model handle if well taken care of? Is this the amount of hours that things will start to need to be repaired? Any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
That's about right for hours but they want waaaay to much for the ski! I wouldn't pay more that $1,500.00. Maybe 2k if it was in mint condition and they paid to have a mechanic test everything and sign off on it at a certified Kawasaki dealership.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Do a compression test. If it comes back in good shape (120-130psi) than your fine.

yes, that's a must, its been a few wks since the OP posted this thread so don't know if deal went through but 2900 with 225 hrs is WAY to much. Sellers doing the "i go high you go low'' routine,he would take 2500, but 2000 sounds right, this ski gonna need Carb cleaning or a good rebuild for sure, unless he has done that recently . DEFINITLY run it on the garden hose if you can't water test it.:rolleyes:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts