Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1990 superjet that i took to the ocean, my flush hose wasnt flushing the engine well, but thought it was good enough, a couple weeks later i took it to a river and moments into my ride the motor mounts broke. I havnt touched it in a couple of years and now i want to bring it back to life, but my main qurstion is, did the salt water ruin my engine after sitting so long without a proper cleaning

·
Super Moderator
5,057 Posts
That's a tough question. It is highly possible, The only way to know for sure would be to pull the head. Was the river salt water ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
and if i see that, that probably means my engine is toast? and if its toast what would it cost to throw a new motor in it, like a good estimate

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
and if i see that, that probably means my engine is toast? and if its toast what would it cost to throw a new motor in it, like a good estimate
Being you had it out in fresh water after, I'm betting it's probably ok. Even if it is corroded it doesn't mean it's a dead motor. That pic is from an 01 gp800r that was blown up from oil line issues. It was run in salt and never flushed. I cleaned it out and it's still running strong. if your going to be running it in salt get either salt away or salt Terminator to flush with. it nuetralizes the salt to wrinse it out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts