Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys I hear that all I need to do is fill up the gas tank and put some stable in it, fill up the oil, and fog the cylinders. Is there anything else that needs to be done before the freeze, and how do you fog the cylinders?

Thanks in advance, Joe

·
Registered
8 Posts
is it 2 stroke or 4 stroke?

if its 2 stroke, you need to drain all water out of the block (use a compressor and blow air through to get all out, then fill up with plumbing anti freeze, also a little plumbing anti freeze in the muffler and hull so any excess water in those areas does not freeze.

to fog all you do is run the engine and spray the fog into the carbs, when the machine starts smoking you have coverage, also take plugs out and spray extra fog into the cylinders

I know nothing about the 4 strokes....not sure if they are liquid cooled or not

hope this helps

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks smussler, it is a 2 stroke. Is there a hole some where that I can blow the compressor air into to get all the water out? And would I put the plumbers antifreeze into the same hole? To put the anti freeze in the muffler do I just poor it into the open end?

Thanks again, Joe

·
Registered
8 Posts
there should be 2 hoses on the top of the engine facing the rear, near the plugs take off the hoses, blow the air in and you will see water dripping out the back by the impellar. once that is done using the lower hose funnel in antifreeze untill you see it dripping out the back by teh impellar, and i just dumped a bit in the muffler by taking off the large rubber bend near the rear of the machine.....I am a noob to this to so don't quote me on everything, I did everything based on the shop manual and other information i have read about winterizing

1 - 5 of 5 Posts