Personal Water Craft Forum banner

How do you sell with a lein?

2094 Views 1 Reply 2 Participants Last post by  PhilnEdee
Help! Anyone know how to sell PWC, particularly in North Carolina, that have leins on them? Any info would help.:dunno:
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Its a lien. If its a UCC lien, then whoever filed the lien(bank, finance company, etc) will prepare a release when the loan obligation is satisfied-then they will either file/record the release or give it to the customer to file/record and show its released...all done at the county courthouse. If its a titled vehicle, then an emp of the company signs off on the title-releasing the lien-giving the title to the borrower-and the new buyer files for new title by carrying the old title and bill of sale to the courthouse (probate office).
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.