Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace the grip/handle on the trim side... There are 2 screws directly on the handle but I took those out and it was just holding the trim adjustment on not the actual grip. How do you get the grip off??

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
:dunno:
I need to replace the grip/handle on the trim side... There are 2 screws directly on the handle but I took those out and it was just holding the trim adjustment on not the actual grip. How do you get the grip off??
Don't know about the 95, but on later models there was just one screw in the end of the grip that held them on.

I suspect that yours are stuck to the handle bar. You could try heating them up, but after all this time they may have to be cut off.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
If you can remove the trim assembly, then just get the grip if that is all you need. The parts diagram that you show, does not show a trim assembly, so I'm not sure that you have the right parts diagram for your ski. The diagram you posted shows the grip and throttle assembly on the right, but just the start/kill switch assembly on the left.

Plus according to a cross reference of the part number, the Ebay trim/grip that you show does not fit a Wave Raider.

Are you talking about the throttle assembly/grip? Which side of the handle bar are you trying to replace, starboard or port?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you can remove the trim assembly, then just get the grip if that is all you need. The parts diagram that you show, does not show a trim assembly, so I'm not sure that you have the right parts diagram for your ski. The diagram you posted shows the grip and throttle assembly on the right, but just the start/kill switch assembly on the left.

Plus according to a cross reference of the part number, the Ebay trim/grip that you show does not fit a Wave Raider.

Are you talking about the throttle assembly/grip? Which side of the handle bar are you trying to replace, starboard or port?
Its the port side, that diagram said it was for a 95 waveraider 1100. All it is, there is a rip in the grip that is letting the metal show and I need to replace the grip. the problem is that I cant seem to get just the grip off because it all seems to be connected on that side. It doesn't seem like I should have to buy the whole trim assembly just to replace a torn grip.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts