Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone please tell me the possible ways lake water is getting into my 97 Sea Doo GTX? I'm pretty sure it's not coming in through the drain plugs, so what are the other possible leak points?

Thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. Earlier this summer my teenage son left the drain plugs out and the machine was full of water. Bailed it out, cleared out the motor and exhaust, and it ran fine the rest of the summer. I checked and the exhaust hose appear not to be leaking. Could the flooded engine compartment cause a drive shaft seal to start leaking?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So how do I check it on the trailer?

Thank you for the advice, but how do I check it on the trailer?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I think he means run it on the trailer with water hooked to it. You cuold then see If water comes through the exhaust hoses. I don't see how water inside could cause a seal to go bad. There are other holes to look at. Steering and trim cables, wires for the speedo sender. If you have trim, there is a boot on the outside that can go bad. That can be a pain to find. Good luck.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just thought of something else. If you hook water to it, crank the engine first then turn on the water. You probally allready knew that, but it could flood the engine.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You're comments really aren't very helpful

No disrespect Mr. JIT, but your brief suggestions are not really very helpful because I cannot figure out what you are trying to say. :confused:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts