Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello to all.. greg from fairhaven, michigan here.. currently own a nice 1999 kaw 1100stx but may be looking for a 4 stroke over the next few weeks... getting confilcting stories on the yamaha vx110

particularly couple year old ones... 2005-2007

how many models are there.. standard, deluxe, HO, etc

are they all non turbo?

is there more than one HP rating? or are they all 110 hp... my buddy swears he has 140 non turbo HP in a vx110..

all replie appreciated..thanks

greg
[email protected]

·
Registered
2 Posts
All the Yam's are non turbo with the exception of the SHO which is being introduced in 2008. I have a 2007 FX HO cruiser which is 160 HP stock. Hope this helps

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hey, I have an 05 VX110 sport and it is AWESOME. I swear to you its the most reliable ski out there. Stock I ran 54 MPH all day. Put a few mods on and ill be at 60 in the spring (best run is 58.8)...There is a 110 HP 1052cc engine in the VX110. Models are the VX,sport, deluxe, and cruiser. I like the sport because of its cool graphics and sporty design. I dont no how ur buddy has 140 in his..the only way he has that is if he put an FX140 engine into the vx hull. I say buy the ski I never had a problem, i get awesome gas mileage, never breaks down, and comfortable. And no yamahas are turbo, but the new FX SHO is supercharged

·
Registered
9 Posts
The 2005 VX 110 is a 110 HP 4 Stroke 4 cyl single engine. open loop system.
It is a great unit on Gas, handel pretty well.
for more info you may need
(Why is it all of your posts are advertising for this place? All posts will now be edited. Do not spam again or else you will be banned. If you want to advertise, then speak with the administrator.)

·
Registered
9 Posts
stroh33 said:
All the Yam's are non turbo with the exception of the SHO which is being introduced in 2008. I have a 2007 FX HO cruiser which is 160 HP stock. Hope this helps
My friend,
None of the Yamaha PWC has a Turbo system.
The SHO is a supercharge engine, and u can use regular unleaded gas, and also you can use the regular spark plugs the non expensive ones, verse the Seadoo requires a premium gas and high end spark plugs.
Call the sales dept. at (Why is it all of your posts are advertising for this place? All posts will now be edited. Do not spam again or else you will be banned. If you want to advertise, then speak with the administrator.)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts