Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A cart is a great way to store your jet ski over the winter, and is a must for those who transfer their jet ski from trailer to trailer. After years of use and careful thought, we've come up with an optimal design for a jet ski cart that is strong, inexpensive and relatively easy to build.
If you like our videos, please Subscribe! A "thumbs up" would be nice, too!

https://youtu.be/bRRLZdEBae4

·
Premium Member
640 Posts
You can also look at an old thread of mine: "HOMEMADE JET SKI DOLLY". It has measurements and pictures of the dollys that I put together. Cost is less than $40.00 each, even including the steel wheels.

PWCs on tandem trailer won't fit through garage door, so they have to be placed on dollys to store them in the garage during the winter. Poor old trailer has to sit outside.

Zardoz

former sea doo owner, will never own one again.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I remember your post, and was very impressed. It looks very strong. I only had a few issues/concerns about it. 1) Chris had lots of problems with his smaller wheels getting hung up on cracks and bumps in the garage, so I avoided small wheels. Have you found any problems rolling it around on rough ground? 2) I wanted the bunk height and tilt to be adjustable, in case I changed trailers, or was moving from trailer to trailer. So about US$25 of the cost is for the swivel bunk bracket, straight bracket and screws to make that possible. Our design can't beat your price, though.

You can also look at an old thread of mine: "HOMEMADE JET SKI DOLLY". It has measurements and pictures of the dollys that I put together. Cost is less than $40.00 each, even including the steel wheels.

PWCs on tandem trailer won't fit through garage door, so they have to be placed on dollys to store them in the garage during the winter. Poor old trailer has to sit outside.

Zardoz

former sea doo owner, will never own one again.

·
Premium Member
640 Posts
There is only one seam in my garage and a good push gets the loaded dolly over, even with the little steel wheels. No big problem. I don't usually take a dolly w/ a machine on it out of the garage. Machines each weigh 800+ #s and there is pavement in front of my storage garage. As mentioned in the thread I had rubber wheels on the dollys and they collapsed under the weight. I used small steel wheels but if you used larger wheels it would probably be easier to push around over rough ground. No pushing on bare ground or gravel, though.

The dollys are sure tough. There's no give at all, and they are cheap and easy to build. And with the plastic bunk slides which are on the bunks of my trailer, it's a one man job to move the machines on and off of the trailer/dollys. They just slide on and off with very little effort.

Storing the machines inside, out of the snow, ice and wind, during the winter goes far to keep them in good shape and top operating condition. Even though my storage garage is not heated, it's much better than leaving the machines outside under a cover. The winters up here in NW Ohio can be brutal. It's 60 degrees here today! I think my PWC season may have ended but maybe it will warm up next weekend.

Zardoz

former sea doo owner, will never own one again

·
Registered
12 Posts
Very Nice!

Well Done Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts