Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an original kawasaki 550 stand up jet ski i bought 3 days ago, and i forgot to ask the seller how to flush it out....

I have read on this forum, all about start the engine, then turn on the water, run for 5 mins, then turn off the water, then turn off the engine, but the 550 that i have has no flush kit on it.

I took it out on the sea yesterday......... great fun...... but i don't know which pipe to disconnect to flush it out.... i am concerned as i don't want to leave the salt in it.

there are two pipes coming out of the top of the head, one goes to the exhaust and one goes to the tell tail on the side of the ski.

there are two pipes entering the bottom of the block one that i can see were it enters and one that disapears underneath,

so which one do i disconnect and squirt the water in?

Any help would be much appreciated. or advice of where to look. or does any one know of where an online user manual would be.

Thanks Gav

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have just read that you "Tee into the line going between the head and pipe on the right" can any one clarify this please as there are two head pipes.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi, Just bought a SX550 and when flushing it out (hose teed'd into blue pipe as show in pic) water is coming out of the red pipe (red pipe on the exhaust). Please can you tell me where this should go. There seems to be a pipe connection on the silver part on the exhaust (hidden in the pic above but is next to the blue exhaust). Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought a 1994 750 sx. I noticed that water only comes out of the left pisser. Is this a problem and what is the best way to fix it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts