Personal Water Craft Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone I’m having issues with removing the impeller on the jetski I’ve tried everything. Ive put my hilti 1/2inch impact on it with a lil heat, also with a wrench and 2x6 holding the shaft. Ive even leaned into it with a breaker bar….. nothing. Am I missing something???
Wood Automotive tire Camera lens Grey Cameras & optics

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
GOOD NEWS!! I put my body weight on it and got it off!! So do you also have the diagram of how the shaft is setup? Had some rubber debris in behind the impeller wondering the setup thanks for the help!!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Atta boy! Good to hear. Here is a pic of the top of jethousing from my 93 daytona. You will see the bladder which is to displace the air pressure in the jethousing so it doesn’t put pressure on the seals and cause them to fail/leak once you start creeping into the higher rpm’s there is also one located under the starter for same purpose in the stator/magneto housing.
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Gas Automotive exterior

·
Registered
103 Posts
Before i forget. Keep in mind that nipple on top of jethousing once you remove it that is where you add 6 fluid ounces of jetdrive oil (lower unit gearlube for outboards works also) i personally use syncromesh transmission fluid that i use in my gmc canyon transfercase. Don’t completely fill it! The drain for it is a phillips screw on underside looking through intake grate right below the nipple fitting.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts