Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 GP1200R, I guess it went upside down too many times at the beach two days ago, everyone was riding and everyone was trying to jump on. But anyways I think the display went out, don't know if it will start working again.
But how do I remove it to try to save it?
Thanks

Also anybody have one for sale, my ski has very Low hours, just turned 50hours riding it to beach
So I would say I left beach with 52-54 hours on gauge

Ohh and also, Well it's kinda of working, but whatever wants to works and very light. But was thinking of pulling it out, maybe spraying it with electrical contact cleaner and leaving it in rice for a couple of days to remove moisture
ANY Advise will be Helpful, but how do I remove it from the ski?
And if I do need a gauge, if the first option doesn't work does anyone have one for sale?
Thanks

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
I think the display on that model is a sealed unit. No way to take it apart to fix it. Once they get water in them, they are pretty much toast. You might try the rice trick, and leave it in the sun or under a heat lamp to try and dry it. Also plug and unplug all the connections and hit them with some dielectric grease, or a dielectric spray............it could just be a loose/corroded connection.

Get yourself a service manual to show you how to remove it. You can find aftermarket ones on Ebay for $10-20.

An anti-corrosive dielectric product like Corrosion X works great for submerged electronics, but I don't know of any way to apply it in your case, since the display is sealed.

Keep and eye out for someone parting out their ski on Ebay for a display. Like this one: Yamaha waverunner GP XL 1200 GP1200 INFO DISPLAY GAUGE : eBay Motors (item 380270413130 end time Nov-16-10 20:33:00 PST)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts