Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm selling my first jet ski and have some questions I was hoping to get answered.

How do you record the number of hours on the title? It only gives the option for 5 or 6 digit odometers and miles.

I never received a title for the trailer, do I just remove the plate after selling it?

I specified local pick up only, however I have received offers both from people inside and outside of the country looking to have someone pick it up on their behalf and transport it elsewhere. How do you deal with signing the title if the actual buyer isn't there?

Are test drives typical? If so, how do you handle it to make sure you aren't liable for injuries/damages/theft, etc?

Anything else to be concerned with as far as making sure everything is legit? thanks in advance.

·
Registered
8 Posts
What state are you in? The Title and non-titled trailer issues will very from state to state.
In New Hampshire I would sign the title over to the new owner and he or she would sign it when they receive it. If a transport company is picking it up for the new owner, make sure you take pictures before they take it and fill out a damage report. I would then fed-ex the title when the funds clear. The trailer does not require a title in New Hampshire so it would get sold with the previous registration and a bill of sale. The mileage box would get filled in as TMU (true mileage unknown) When you sell it make sure you photo copy every piece of paper in the transaction. As far as test drives go, I have bought 100's of motorcycles, boats, dirt bikes, 4 wheelers, ect. and I have never test driven one yet. When I sell them it is the same thing, I will demo it for the interested party but I do not allow test drives. If you want to ride it buy it. I may loose a sale or two this way, but they allways get sold and I am never mad or in court over damage or injuries. This is how I would do it in New Hampshire, laws vary by state and this method may not work in your state.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts