Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently in the process of purchasing a used Seadoo jetski from someone in Brooklyn, NY the only problem is I live in Grand Forks, ND. Does anyone know how to ship the PWC and trailer from NY to ND? Looking for any help/suggestions/ideas....Any idea on a rough cost of this?

Thank you,

Grant

·
Registered
47 Posts
Cost me $390 for a 1700 kilometer delivery for just a jet ski, your Ski sits on the trailer so may not be much different, they just need to have a vehicle with a towball that they are also delivering to the same area as then they just hook them up and drive them onto the Semi.
Some will reverse the trailer and Ski up with a vehicle at the Depot, it really depends on the Company.
You are in America and so it's probably still about that price for you as it was near on 7 years ago I had mine delivered.
At least you know with a Jet Ski on a trailer that they won't be throwing it into the back of the Van or truck with no care , like they do with parcels :)
You will need to make sure any lose parts like the Ski, Keys, seats and so on are all tied up and sturdy as they won't.
If the Ski isn't tied down onto the trailer it could get to you with the bottom damaged from jumping up and down, it could also then slip off or bounce off depending on the trailer they use.
My Ski was on a pallet and tied securely, so that a forklift could just lift it and place it.
I would look for one closer to home as a cheap Ski that you may not have seen close up is a gamble, unless you know them.
Or if you saw the Ski whilst traveling the area, it may not be the same as when you saw it last or could be swapped with one that looks the same but is not as good.
I moved mine as we moved house and it was easier and cheaper to have it transported and I used the trailer to carry Household items.
Also make sure it's insured and you have photos of the condition it's in before being shipped as a big hole in the side or the Steering assembly being crushed from an item being placed on top of it, may be hard to argue if you can't prove condition.
Also if you leave the tie down to them, if they do it they could use ties that are used for heavy items and it could cause damage to your Ski ?
I got a lot of things transported because of the job I had before I retired and I learnt the hard way on how to pack things or what items could be sent by which Couriers :)
Good luck with your Ski, hope it makes it in two pieces ;) Ski and Trailer :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts