Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

Just wanted to let you all know that I am about to be a Dad! My girlfriend is due Sun. 5/17.... so any day now!!

Just wanted you all to know, just in case i don't return emails or messages within my normal response times.

I will be open normal hours until the time comes.... then ill get back to things ASAP!

Clearly, my responses may be delayed some in the upcoming few weeks... so please hang in there with me.

If you cant reach me fast enough, and need immediate help, please check with any of the site sponsors here, as they will be glad to assist you.

I will have my laptop while at the hospital, and will try to respond to as much as i can, as fast as i can..... but my girlfriend and our soon to be daughter will have to come first.

Thanks for your patients and understanding!

Paul Woodward
Owner

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
looks like today might be the day.... contractions are hitting her hard.... we are about to call the doc and head to the hosp.

ill update as soon as i can.... but for now, off to be with the family

thanks for your understanding and support!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am proud to be the father of a beautiful daughter!

Born 5/16/2009 12:38 AM

6 lbs 13 oz.

19.5 inches

Everything has gone smooth so far

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We have had some complications with breathing... things are ok... however she was transfered to Childrens Hospital of Philadelphia on sunday evening.

We have been back and forth and are about to head down there for the night to be with our daughter.

Ill continue to do the best i can to respond to messages and emails and all in a timely manner, but clearly... everything is on hold at the moment except my daughter.

Please keep her in your thoughts, and wish her the best!

by the way, i know i forgot to mention....

we named her Brianna Louise

(Louise is her mothers first name)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry for not getting any updates to you guys!!!

Just wanted to let you all know that Brianna began to improve on her own late last week. The doctors think that swelling in her nasal passage were caused by excessive suctioning at birth. She is still in CHOP, but it is looking like we might be able to bring her home with us tuesday!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry for the lack of updates, but as you can imagine, we have been rather busy.

Everything went as we had hoped on Tues. 5/26 and we were able to bring her home from CHOP. The ride home was a bit nerve racking, especially driving up I-76 out of Philly during daytime traffic with my new daughter in the back seat!

It was very nice for all of us to sit at home and relax, and finally get to enjoy everything. Brutus (our 2 year old boxer) has been very curious, and a bit jealous, but he is adjusting well. He is just not happy about not having his mom's undivided attention anymore. He'll get used to things quickly I'm sure.

Through our first night Brianna slept well, and was a bit fussy when we had to wake her up to eat. She fell right back asleep and all went well. Mom didn't sleep too well, as she was checking on Brianna pretty much all night long in between feedings.

The past few nights have been as smooth as could be expected, but the lack of sleep sure hurts..... but its worth every bit of sacrifice. Becoming a father has been an incredible, and im sure it will only continue to get better.

Below is a pic from our first night at home.

That's my girlfriend Louise holding Brianna, and myself

1 - 6 of 6 Posts