Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! i just bought a yamaha jet ski! its awesome but i have no idea what it is lol no model year or anything i know the engine is a 700 and it says WRB700VXR or something like that....1994 maybe? any ideas? also it doesn't seem like its pumping fuel. It has a little see through fuel filter and it won't fill it up...do you have to prime it or something?
Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
1994 Yamaha made a Waverunner Pro VXR-WRB700S. The fuel problem could be the Diaphragm pump on the carb. Check all the fuel lines & make sure the fuel cock valve is in the "ON or RES." position. Make sure there is fuel in the tank LOL. It shouldnt be to hard to figure out

·
Registered
6 Posts
before you pull the carb off, make sure you can get fuel up to the filter. Take the fuel line that comes "out" of the filter off the carb & suck on it. lol. See if the fuel fills the filter

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
aha good idea i'll try that...gas doesn't taste too bad hahaha are these ski's worth anything? and are they powerful?

·
Registered
6 Posts
gas taste like shi- , stop if you see fuel in the filter. I have a 96 Raider 700 it goes 40+ . In good shape a 94 will go for $700 - $1000 maybe

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cool cool...i guess when i get it running it'll be fun haha so once i see fuel in the filter i know the lines are clean and then i should tear apart the carb...could it be gunked up from nto being used or stored properly?

·
Registered
91 Posts
You bought a 15 year old PWC, don't know what it is, & don't wanna put $90 into it?!
No offense, but I think you're getting into the wrong sport. Riding & maintaining watercraft is not cheap. Good luck!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
no need to be like that...i know what it is....i;ve had pwcs before i just didn't know the year....

I didn't need to buy the carb kit i cleaned it and it started and runs great...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts