Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as I said above I was trying to fire her up and no power to the coils.. the little black ignition box has power to it and I also removed the little black relays that are plugged into the top of the ignition box, and they have power to their terminals but no juice is leaving out into the coil pack.. so here is my question.. am I over looking some kind of safety switch(oils too low, not in gear, out of fuel shut off switch, ect ......), or is the igniton box just bad? I have a '93 exactly like it the wires are a hair different leaving the ignition box but I don't think it will really matter.. cause they all hook in the same..
To answer my own question a little bit this unit does not have reverse, is not low on oil, and has fuel.. I just didn't know if there was something like that I could check before I start pulling out black boxes and playing musical parts!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
how did you check to see thers no power coming out of the coils? if you did a spark test what can happen...at least it happend to me. i have a 95' spx the spark plug boots screw onto the sparkplug wires and it wasnt screwd on all the way so it apeard that there wasnt any power coming from the coils. i assume that they would screw onto yours as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts