Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I JUST BOUGHT A 1996 KAWASAKI 750 SIT DOWN JET SKI. WHEN i WENT TO GUYS HOME HE STARTED IT RIGHT UP AND IT HAS NOT BEEN USED SINCE LAST YEAR. I BOUGHT IT AND TOOK HOME AND STARTED RIGHT UP EVERY TIME WHEN I TOOK IT TO LAKE TO SEE HOW IT DOES. IT RAN GREAT THEN FUEL GOT LOW AND IT HAD FIRST STALLED AND IT TOOK ABOUT 10 MINUTES TO START AGAIN BUT THEN RAN GREAT. IT THEN STOPPED AND THE GAS GAUGE SAID IT STILL HAD 2 BARS SHOWING FOR GAS LEVEL BUT MY WIFE SAID IT RAN OUT WHEN I WAS GONE FOR A FEW AND GOT TOWED IN. I ASKED IF IT HAD BEEN TURNED TO RESERVE TO GET BACK IN TO BEACH AND SHE SAID NO. I TURNED IT TO RESERVE AND IT STARTED RIGHT UP SO I TURNED IT OFF. NOW IT WON'T START BACK UP AND I PUT ABOUT A GALLON IN THE TANK AND STILL WON'T START. I AM WONDERING IF YOU HAVE TO TYPICALLY PRIME THE GAS OR WHAT? THIS IS MY 1ST JET SKI I HAVE OWNED AND AM TRYING TO LEARN THE DO'S AND DONT'S BEFORE I INVEST A LARGE AMOUNT IN A NEWER ONE. WHEN I OPENED THE SEAT AND LOOKED AT ENGINE AND THERE IS A LITTLE HOSE THAT LOOKS LIKE YOU CAN UNSCREW LID AND POUR SOME GAS IN AND PRIME IT THAT WAY BUT I'M NOT SURE. ANY SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE APPRECIATED!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts