Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I love jet skis however never truly owned my own. Today I have an opportunity to purchase my first used jetski " 1995 Wet Jet Ski 700 cc is motor size. Here is the image..

It includes the trailor but there is a few problems with the jet ski..

1. It leaks in water.. The owner told me its because it needs 2 seals and that would stop the leakage.
2. The trailor has some problems something is broke on it as well.
3. No Battery
4. He mentioned about something regarding he mixes his oil ?

I guess my main concern is the water intake going into the motor. He did mention he has pushed it going up to 50 mph and has tubed guest that way up to 250 pounds. He is asking $1200 for this jet ski. He said he would work on the price but I need your guys help.. Is this a bad deal??

please help

·
Registered
811 Posts
Hello,

I love jet skis however never truly owned my own. Today I have an opportunity to purchase my first used jetski " 1995 Wet Jet Ski 700 cc is motor size. Here is the image..

It includes the trailor but there is a few problems with the jet ski..

1. It leaks in water.. The owner told me its because it needs 2 seals and that would stop the leakage.
2. The trailor has some problems something is broke on it as well.
3. No Battery
4. He mentioned about something regarding he mixes his oil ?

I guess my main concern is the water intake going into the motor. He did mention he has pushed it going up to 50 mph and has tubed guest that way up to 250 pounds. He is asking $1200 for this jet ski. He said he would work on the price but I need your guys help.. Is this a bad deal??

please help
Well let me put it this way, a ski that old being bought off craigslist with known problems for that price is no deal. As a matter of fact it wouldn't take long to add that much in repairs if you can still find parts for it. Don't forget you can't walk home from the middle of the water. I would take it for about $150.00. You have to assume everything is going to need replacing. That way your not spending to much up front and can justify repairs. If it were me I would spend $2,500.00 and get a name brand ski. By the time your done fixing the wet jet (swiffer) you will spend the same.

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
What Outlaw said. I would definitely pass. For $1200-$1500 you can buy a good running condition mid 90's SeaDoo XP or SPX if you want a cheap little toy to play around on this summer. Even though those WetJets used a Yamaha motor they were a fly by night outfit that only was around for a year or two. So who knows what quality everything else is.:dunno: Even if you want a project ski you can forget about getting parts for it.

Tell the owner if he wants $1200 for it he should fix the leaks and buy a battery then he might have a chance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts