Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys it's my first thread. My name is cody and I think this is what i'm going to spend the money from selling my sports car on. I don't know much but I will read as much as I can to educate myself and I'm not too bad with a wrench either. I know you've probably heard it a hundred times but I want something "FAST." It won't be my first experiance with a ski but it is the first owned. I have been looking at the ultra 150's and the rxp & GTX lmt. I just like the 150 platform better than the sea-doo and it seems to be more reliable from what I've heard. I'd like to only spend about 5500-6000 at the most. Any input would be muchly appreciated.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Are you looking for second-hand ski's? I assume so as $6000 will not go very far in terms of a brand new Seadoo. I myself own a RXT and it has given be no problems so far (55 hours). However, I would ask current owners for a sea trial. A new pwc, as i'm sure you know needs to be broken in otherwise it will not run as fast or, as I have seen, you can blow out the supercharger the first time you gun it. I have never been on a kawasaki though I am sure they have their advantages as well as disadvantages. One thing with the Seadoo's is you can get hp out of the engines fairly easy, mine is at 320 now and only cost just under $1000. I'm not sure how easy it is with kawi's, but i've never been around them much. Ask for the seatrial just to be sure everything is working fine and then take your pick, your decision is much better for you than mine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts