Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey ya'll i'm new here, i've got a 2000 slx 1200, last summer i had to replace the mfd, this summer i take it out make it idled out of the no wake zone, then i go to take off, and just boggs, almost like the choke is stuck or something, then i start looking more into it, the middle cylinder is shooting water out around spark plug, and the mfd is not on, new battery. but it will start and idle fine, have no clue, please help. :confused:

·
Registered
73 Posts
The Polaris domestics incorporate an o-ring around the outside diameter of the red head covers, as well as one in the center around the spark plug to seal the heads cooling chambers. If the o-ring is damaged, worn or missing, that very well could be the source of your leak.

The 2000 SLX carbs are fitted with an accelerator pump. If this pump is not working, it could cause this stumble off idle from going lean. Fix the water leak pronto, then try to accelerate while slowly applying the choke and let us know if it gets better, worse or the same.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well, sorry haven't gotten back lately, busy with work, anyways, the jetski is at the shop and the o ring gasket was busted, but that to me doesn't seem like all of the issue, last summer, the display went out took to polaris dealer got raped hard, 400 dollars worth. the dude at polaris said that the display was the cause of this very same issue that is going on now, he said that the display was more or less the brain, not telling the motor i was giving it gas, so there for it was starving for fuel and just didn't want to go. what should i do about the display, it was replaced to say the least, it's been on all winter, went to change the battery, put the new battery in and it is not on. I NEED SERIOUS HELP>!!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mfd

the o-rings have been replaced. with the MFD display pluged in it still does it but with it unpluged it runs great now what do i do!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
some of the polaris skis have a slow mode incorperated in the system if you have a bad sensor for overheat or low oil or on some models low fuel will reduce the rpms. what you need to do is get a factory service manual and trouble shoot the sensors and find out which one is bad also if you know any one with a ski like yours borrow his parts to trouble shoot

·
Registered
4 Posts
is it true the display affects performance?

my wife's display went out about a month ago yet it ran fine till a couple days ago.

new plugs,both firing,idles perfectly,runs perfectly on low speed jets, high speed jets throw fuel for just a few seconds, then it goes to bogging like my old holley from high school days,lol

·
Registered
4 Posts
okay folks,
for any of you that find this thread,
my wifes display went out about a month ago in a 12 minute storm while left in the lake, it seemed to have banged against the dock and knocked a crack in the vezel and allowed moisture in.
well, it didn't affect the running.until my above post everythings been great other than no speedometer,oil,fuel gauge etc.
while reading the manual i realized it had a speed set lock, i called home and told her to reset the mfi, and strangely enough it's running perfect again,lol

MEND-A-DENT

·
Registered
2 Posts
were is the speed set lock reset button as i am having simalar problems with mine, it revs so far and sounds like it hitting a limiter

Thanks

Brad

·
Registered
4 Posts
it's all in the display area,
it's winter now and jet ski is in storage.
but i seem to recall a reset button on display face.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts