Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey just found this forum. i've been a member on pwctoday.com and x-h20.com for some time now. if your looking for vintage kawasaki parts drop me a pm:D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah they really weren't to reliable back then

·
Registered
1 Posts

hey ya'll... i'm very new at this whole jet ski think but fckn love it! I just bought some really beat up ski's ... I think they are a 82 js550 and a 89 550sx.. can anyone tell me the diff in them???? also the bodies are descent but the engines need some work or just replaced all toghter.. any ideas wheras to get new ones or used ones.. not a huge budget, i just love riding on the weekends... new found hobby... but i want to really get into it.. i'm also an profesional videographer and want to start doing some xtream vids for jet skier's.. so any help you can give me would be greatly appriciated.. even if it's pointing me somewhere to get the info.. thanks a lot

·
Registered
6 Posts
difference in skis

one thing i know in difference between the two is the 82 has the exhaust coming out of the side and the 89 should have it coming straight out of the back. i think right around that time the padding was a little bit different two. i had a 91 a few years ago that i sold that was that way. i regret selling it.

·
BORN TO FISH NOT CATCH
1,512 Posts
mattbro333 said:
hey ya'll... i'm very new at this whole jet ski think but fckn love it! I just bought some really beat up ski's ... I think they are a 82 js550 and a 89 550sx.. can anyone tell me the diff in them???? also the bodies are descent but the engines need some work or just replaced all toghter.. any ideas wheras to get new ones or used ones.. not a huge budget, i just love riding on the weekends... new found hobby... but i want to really get into it.. i'm also an profesional videographer and want to start doing some xtream vids for jet skier's.. so any help you can give me would be greatly appriciated.. even if it's pointing me somewhere to get the info.. thanks a lot
js
piston port motor
u have that long exhasut tube which is anoying, u should shich to a 1986 or later exhaust which is quiter
u should have a 38MM mikuni

sx
u have reeds
u should have a kehien carb i ant to say 38 but not sure

both are the same hull

the more u ride the better u will get

were are u located?

·
Registered
16 Posts
mattbro33,
Get yourself a clymers manual and a compression tool, that will get you started. Welcome to your new addiction! j/k :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts