Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

I'm getting a free ski tomorrow from a friend of mine. He said it was at his house when he bought it a couple of months ago and he just wants it gone. The only issues is I don't know what year it is or what it is. I was wondering if I posted a photo if someone could tell me what it is and if it is worth anything. I am going to try to get it running and ride it some, but I'll need to know what it is.

Thanks in advance.
Dave

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got it!

Ok, it is a WRA700S and it looks to be a 92 or 93 700cc. It is in ok shape and since it was $0.00, I can live with how it looks.

So, I pulled the plugs on it this morning and one of the cylinders looks like it had water in it... I charged the battery, and tried to turn it over, with no success. It is trying to turn over, but it looks like it is frozen up. I sprayed WD-40 into each cylinder hole, and am letting it sit for a while. When I hit the starter button, the motor torque twists and I can see the rear piston move a little, but the front piston is very still. It may be frozen up too much to try and save.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
30 Posts
my 2 cents

since you got it for free it prolly wouldnt be a bad idea to go through the top end. Thats what id do as long as everything else looks like its in good working order. If one piston moves and the other is tight, it probably seized up, and broke the connecting rod....maybe. At least take the head off to see what the cylinder walls look like. If theres any visible damage up there, its probably a good idea to work your way down. All depends on how much u wanna spend.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts