Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a pair of R12x and went to check the oil on them. After doing some research I found out there are two places to check the oil. I check the oil at the fill area and it wasn't touching the stick on either skis I checked the oil in the back by the turbo and on ski (number one) it was a little past the full mark and on the other it was like an inch, inch and a half past the mark. so I called the dealer and he said to run the ski with the water hose on it for 5 mins shut the skis off and check them at the fill hole so I did. Ski ( number one)it was around a 1/4 inch above the full mark and on the second ski it was probably a inch to half an inch from the top of the cap. so I ended up sucking a quart to a quart and a half out of it and its still way past the full mark on ski (number 2) at the fill hole and around the full mark in the rear hole by the turbo. after about 10 to 15 mins I checked the 1st ski again and it was between the add and full mark. I'm not sure if I have to much or to little oil in either ski. I haven't ever had this much trouble checking oil. Also Is their a certain amount of time I'm supposed to wait after running the skis on the water hoes before checking the oil in the fill hole? All help is greatly appreciated

·
Read Only
5,059 Posts
Best way to check the oil on a 4 stoke ski is to run it on the lake easy for about 10 min and check it sitting in the water with the hull not touching shore. That way it will be level. (At least that's what I've read in owners manuals)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
See the thing is I dont want to run the engine over idle till I know Im not over filled or under filled.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts