Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a new used ski so I thought this forum would be a good place to hang out.
I just purchased a 96 yami 1100 tripple and the first time I took it out the motor went as I was pulling away from the dock. Broke a piston, bent a rod and ruined a cylinder. I guess I got scammed. I contacted the guy that sold it to me and he will not do any thing so I guess I'm screwed. Cant find any used shortblocks or long blocks and reman is more than I can afford.
So at least I can hang out here for a while. I read a lot of stuff here about enjine trouble with jet skis. Are they really all that unreliable. Any one got a sugguestion where to get used parts.

·
Registered
1 Posts
sorry man ! world if full of bums you know? hope you find what you need,not all of us are only out to jet a junk ski ! help if we can...

·
Registered
6 Posts
buyer beware

if you didn't at least do a compression test, you got taken, not scammed.

private jetski sales are always as is where is.

next time around tell the buyer you'll pay to have a dealer check it out, if they balk, go to the next ski.

pondscum that sell skis with known bad engines (rod knock is the first sign of what happened to you) will run if you suggest that a real mechanic take a look at it.

A rebuilt engine can be taken as a plus as you will know exactly what you've got under the hood and lose lots of worry while you're out enjoying your toy.

I've seen engines that had perfect compression and sound great toss a piston circlip for no-good reason and thrash an engine with low hours on it, so like I said..as is where is,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts