Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Kawasaki STX 12F
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2005 K STX 12F. Sitting on a 14ft Continental trailer ( 2001 I believe) > My questions are--- 1. should the back of the ski be flush with the end on the bunks,should it be level with the trailer frame?
2. what type of bow stop should I use. a roller or a V
thanks in advance and if a pic is needed I can do that I think

·
Registered
8 Posts
2005 K STX 12F. Sitting on a 14ft Continental trailer ( 2001 I believe) > My questions are--- 1. should the back of the ski be flush with the end on the bunks,should it be level with the trailer frame?
2. what type of bow stop should I use. a roller or a V
thanks in advance and if a pic is needed I can do that I think
It depends on the trailer but Ski should always hang over the back of the bunks a little bit so you don't have to much tongue weight. As for the bow stop I have seen both used whatever you like/whatever fits your ski better just dont ram the trailer hard when you drive it on trailer.

·
Registered
2005 Kawasaki STX 12F
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It depends on the trailer but Ski should always hang over the back of the bunks a little bit so you don't have to much tongue weight. As for the bow stop I have seen both used whatever you like/whatever fits your ski better just dont ram the trailer hard when you drive it on trailer.
thanks for the reply, too much tongue weight now so i'll hang it off 2 in to start,it was 4 in forward of the ends! i have a duck bill type bow stop so I guess it'll do. thanks again

1 - 3 of 3 Posts