Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! everyone, I don't know much about PWC and I just bought a 1998 yamaha gp800 with 62 hours on it and went last weekend to the lake to tested. It was very hard to start, I had use carburator cleaner in the carburators to make it run and it works fine, cut it off and wait a few seconds and them start right up about 5 minutes try again and I had the same problem hard to start. What this can be? Carburators problems?

Jet Ski seems to have plenty power with just myself on it. I weight 186 Lbs. but when I asked my wife to ride with me (she weights 110 Lbs) the jet ski was very slow in the take off.

I put fresh gas on it, and also new NGKspark plugs.

Any ideas of what kind of problems I may having here and around how much it will cost me to fix it. I paid $1,300 for both jetski and 2001 trailer. Thank you in advance for your reply.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Ok, Ok, I have been frustrated with a ski before so I'll give you a shot.

Just remember, if someone had a solid idea or lead they would have posted it sooner. Most of someone's expertise is simple experience (I had a piece of crap truck, I was constantly working on it so now, hey I know alot about piece of crap trucks!)

Depending on how long it may have sat with old gas, it may be tarnished inside the carb. Either that or the diaframes in the carb or the filter on the gas line in the tank may be clogged. I have one that will run with gas or starter fluid in the carb but not when it runs out. This is, I believe, the issue of a clogged intake in the gas line, in the tank.

Maybe see if you can run a hose from a gas can to the carb directly and see if it will run or pull gas that way.

Good Luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts