Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind comes stock on the 1200 gpr and what will i gain with a 13/19 solas? the only mods i have rite now is the d-plate and free flow exhaust.

·
Registered
209 Posts
... i answered in the other thread twice, but its not there??

anyway, i think the stock prop is a flat 13,,, but not certain for sure....

the rule is you want to hit your target rpm at WOT......7150-7250

so before you go throw a 13/19 on,,, go get a baseline of what your running now,,,,

make sure you've got an aftermarket tach and a gps...

you dont want to put a prop on and the be low on rpm's (7000) at full throttle....

so go do some runs and if your above 7250, then you have some room to pitch the prop up...

basically the more mods you do gives you more rpm's which allows a higher pitched impeller...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gotcha, what kind of aftermarket tach should i look for? When you say aftermarket do you mean somethin like a digitron where it has the rpms, individual temp read outs for each cylinder and a memory and all that crap? Whats the most accurate one?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Gotcha, what kind of aftermarket tach should i look for? When you say aftermarket do you mean somethin like a digitron where it has the rpms, individual temp read outs for each cylinder and a memory and all that crap? Whats the most accurate one?
you dont need EGT (temp gauge), your not running triples or big bore...

either get a tiny tach,,,,, cheapy.......

or a pet2100dx tach,,,,nice

or a pet2500 tach,,,,,very nice

you need one that holds the max rpm for you,,, otherwise you gotta stare at the gauge while your ridin...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts