Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read the threads recommending the Solas 17/29 impeller. So I got the Service Manual CD and read all the threads again and decided to put gear oil instead of grease in the bearing cavity of the stator. I used a 3# hammer and large 1/2" sockets to remove the bearings and water seals. Cleaned out the old Honda Grease and replaced it with Amsoil 75/90 Severe Gear Lube. Had a hard time getting the front bearing back in to set flush with the stator, otherwise the sequences of putting everything back together went well. Took my new (2005) R-12X with only 3 hours and just one tank of gas thru it to Ute Lake and I could not get the Ski to get past 3000 RPMs. After 5 minutes and restarting it I loaded it on the trailer and ran the motor to flush water from the exhaust and could throttle it up to 6000 RPMs! What gives? Did I possibly ruin or crush the bearings by hitting them too hard to seat them ?:dunno:

Thanks for any suggestions!

·
Registered
8 Posts
come on do u have no sence, but of course when the motor is out of the water it is going to rev higher. 6 grand is low for out of water my 03 f12x does 8grand plus when i sky off a wave. you should have never done all that shit. all i ever has to do is change oil. u trashed ur ski man

·
Registered
1 Posts
try wd-40 in the maint joint like in your owners manual. I have an 04 R12X that had the same thing happen....would'nt go past 3500 RPM......lubing the throttle body cleared it right up.....if you jammed your pump bearing you could'nt even get 3000 out of it....good luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts