Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I just picked up my first Jet Ski the other day. Been a boater for years and always wanted a jet ski... came across an awesome deal and here I am.

1. The motor is not quite running and I was looking into a manual. Trying to figure out the year though. The HIN is YAMA0616L293. I think its a 1993?

2. I picked it up without a title. I trust the guy I got it from, but who knows about the people before him. I think it had 3 owners since the last decal registration date of 2003. I live in S. Florida.... Anyone know the process to getting a rebuilt title? Costs?

Thanks,

Josh

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Yea its a 93. Is it a Waverunner III or a VXR?

If its a Waverunner III you may have something worth a few hundred with a non-running motor. If it is a VXR with a non-running motor, hopefully you got it for free, because that is the only way it would be a "awesome deal". You could easily spend hundreds getting a very unstable, slow ski to run.

Every state varies as to how to title a non-titled ski. Unfortunately, Florida is a real pain in the azz if you don't have a title.........I'd try to get it to run, before I'd worry about titling it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its a VXR.. (Big ol' letters on the side). I paid $100.. And it came with a trailer.

I figure I can get it running at minimal cost.. Plan to have some fun with it while I can. Figure while I'm working on it, I would start looking into the title process. Trust me, I'm a cheap dude.. I won't invest in a title until I've had some fun!

Thanks for all the insights guys,

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Good luck getting it going.

I'd recommend cleaning/rebuilding the carb. as a first step along with checking the compression (140 psi is ideal, but on an older ski down to 120 psi, and it should still be OK as long as both cylinders are near each other). Look at the pump and be sure the impeller isn't rubbing the wear ring.

Have fun!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts