Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First post just found your forums. I have a 2005 & 2006 Yamaha waverunner. At the end of last season the marina called and told me my 2005 was sinking and they had pulled it out of the water. They pulled the drain plugs, blew out the engine for me told me it would be fine to dry store over the winter. Just took it to the dealer for it's annual check-up and had 4K worth of damage to the engine from the sinking episode. The insurance adjuster is saying I'm not covered because the owners manual says not to "store" the boat in the water. Guess I missed that tidbit while reading the manual. As we ride several days a week in the summer, taking the boat in and out of the water seemed a tad extreme. It's also common practice here among other PWC enthuiasts. The adjuster says the drain plugs degraded due to being in the water over the 3-4 month summer season. I'm finding that hard to believe. Anyone know if drain plugs are susceptible to degredation in a fresh water marina.
TIA,
Doc

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2006, and last weekend, left in the water overnight. The next day, it had about 5-6 inches of water in the engine compartment. We're in brackish water. However, I've heard it might also be an issue with the siphon line in the bottom of the jet ski. I've heard that if the valve sticks, it will actually siphon water into the ski, vice evacuating water while underway. I've haven't yet figured out what's happening. If you learn of an answer to your problem, please let me know the source.

Rick

1 - 2 of 2 Posts