Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - I'm new here but hoping to find some good advice. I've been looking into insurance for my 2010 VX Deluxe for quite some time, but I cannot seem to find a policy that clearly states and compiles all the features I want.

Essentially, almost every insurer I've found offers great collision/damage policies, but I cannot find one insurer that claims it will insure you in case of theft.

My home owners insurance does not deal with PWCs and besides, won't home owners insurance only cover the ski if it's stolen from my house? My ski is kept in a locked garage, so I'm not worried about that, but when I go on trips with it and leave it and my truck unattended for hours, how can I be covered? I'm not at home, and I'm not on the water.

Does anyone have a solution to gain theft coverage for that situation? If you do, please drop the name of the company, I would love to get this no insurance problem settled ASAP

Thank you!!!:appl:

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
It should be part of the "Comprehensive" part of the package. It might not specifically say theft in the policy declaration, but will under the policy contract. You will have to add "Comprehensive" coverage to get theft protection.

As for insurers, I went through my homeowners company who also did not carry boat/pwc coverage. They referred me to Progressive, and by going through the homeowners company, I got a significant discount on the coverage. So you might want to try that approach if your homeowners company is affiliated with a boat/pwc carrier.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your help Ernest. I got my quote from Progressive tonight and will prob go with them based on your reccommendation. What kind of coverage declarations do you have ? This is how I am looking to build mine, as I already have good medical insurance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts