Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I noticed that on Kelly Blue Book 1994 is the oldest year you can select for PWCs. It said that a 1994 Sea Doo XP retail value was around 1,000. The trailer is newer than the jet ski and I haven't seen the lift but I'm pretty sure it's a decent one.

I really want a jet ski; I test drove it already in some rough water, it seems pretty nice. The thing is, though, that since it's older it's a two stroke which I know are not as dependable plus you have to mix the gas. The XP is Sea Doo's high performance line correct?

Oh yeah it comes with a cover as well.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Not even close.....

Ski and trailer $1500 if it's in real good condition....$350 or so for a basic 1-ski lift. That's $1850....you should be able to get a later 90's SPX and a trailer for $1800 or so and not have to mix the oil...much, much less hassle.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
The lift isn't a little davit thing with ropes; it's an actual hoist

It's an actual four legged boat hoist type style. I searched them on Google shopping and new they are like 5000 dollars. Mixing the gas and oil is not a big deal. I was thinking of making an offer.

I know the type of simple hoist you're talking about; it's not one of those. It's like one of these things: http://www.dockandhoist.com/hoists/images/pwcss8521.jpg

The price of one of those new alone is at least a couple thousand dollars. I haven't seen that yet but I know it's not a sling and davit hoist.

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
Ski and trailer $1500 if it's in real good condition....$350 or so for a basic 1-ski lift. That's $1850....you should be able to get a later 90's SPX and a trailer for $1800 or so and not have to mix the oil...much, much less hassle.
1994 XPs have oil injection.

Daniel these are very nice jet skis I bought a 94 XP as my first pwc and loved it. It was very dependable and quick. Just do a compression test on the engine before you pluck down the money. You can get a compression gauge at any auto parts store for like $20 a very worthwhile investment. The compression should be around 140-150 in the 657x engine that boat has, if I am not mistaken.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll bet the compression will be less than that. The motor seemed kind of tired. It definitely did not go 50.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts