Personal Water Craft Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm a noob to Jet ski's but am planning on purchasing one sometime soon. Is there a general place that has information about the yamaha models for the years in the 2000's? I'm interested in the details such as hp, top speed and reliabilty.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
No single source. Top Speed and Boat Test websites have done reviews of several models, and you can find some info there. Good news is that from 03-08 you are basically talking about 3 models for Yamaha (VX, FX, and FX HO). They all 3 use similar non-supercharged engines, and are all reliable. In 08 Yamaha made some changes, and went with a totally different engine for the FX models and added a supercharged option on a couple of skis (SHO and FZR/FZS). If you have a specific ski or skis in mind, post back and someone can give you all the specs. I have the numbers on all the Yamaha 4 strokes. Reliability is not much of an issue on the non-supercharged engines. The supercharged engine models has added a few more headaches, but Yamaha still leads the industry in reliability.

Also I'd recommend avoiding a 2 stroke ski...............you will save yourself many headaches.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts